Hospice provides patients with various services to address their medical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs. So, how can music therapy help?
Music therapy can:
- Provide positive changes in mood and emotional states
- Create emotional intimacy when families share musical experiences
- Provide healthy emotional outlets
- Facilitate reminiscence and life review
- Offer diversion from physical pain and discomfort
- Promote relaxation (anxiety and stress reduction)
- Decrease agitation
- Provide social interaction and sensory stimulation
- Offer support during imminent death
I truly believe that hospice is a very important part of our health care system.