Why music therapy?
Participating in music affects many areas of the brain, and music therapy can positively influence children with special needs. I conduct music therapy assessments and provide individualized, evidence-based interventions to each child for optimal results.
Music therapy goals may include:
- To improve social skills
- To improve fine and gross motor skills
- To enhance emotion regulation
- To increase attention span
- To facilitate communication skills (verbal and non-verbal)
- To gain academic and non-academic skills (colors, numbers, and letters etc.)
- Hello Song (social skills and communication skills through verbal and non-verbal interactions)
- Singing (communication skills, academic and non-academic skills, and emotion regulation)
- Instrumental Play (structured music-making for attention and freestyle “improvisation” for self-expression)
- Movements to Music (fine and gross motor skills)
- Relaxation with Music (emotion regulation)
- Good-Bye Song (social skills)
Please contact us at 913-744-1265 or email@example.com for any questions!