Hospice provides patients with various services to address their medical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs. So, how can music therapy help?
Music therapy can:
- Provide positive changes in mood and emotional states
- Create emotional intimacy when families share musical experiences
- Provide healthy emotional outlets
- Facilitate reminiscence and life review
- Offer diversion from physical pain and discomfort
- Promote relaxation (anxiety and stress reduction)
- Decrease agitation
- Provide social interaction and sensory stimulation
- Offer support during imminent death
Welcome to MUSICAL JOURNEY owned by Noriko, a Master’s level board-certified music therapist. We provide music therapy & music lessons/groups in the Greater Kansas City area.
Our clients for music therapy include but are not limited to: persons with autism, cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, traumatic brain injury, and history of stroke. We also serve hospice patients. The types of our music lessons are piano, guitar, voice, and ukulele.
Please contact us for a free consultation at 913-744-1265 or email@example.com.