Hospice provides patients with various services to address their medical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs. So, how can music therapy help?
Music therapy can:
- Provide positive changes in mood and emotional states
- Create emotional intimacy when families share musical experiences
- Provide healthy emotional outlets
- Facilitate reminiscence and life review
- Offer diversion from physical pain and discomfort
- Promote relaxation (anxiety and stress reduction)
- Decrease agitation
- Provide social interaction and sensory stimulation
- Offer support during imminent death
If you have questions about hospice music therapy, please feel free to contact Nori Nakamura, board certified music therapist and the owner of Musical Journey at (913) 744-1265 or firstname.lastname@example.org.